A blog about dogs, marriage, life, butt-sniffing, and depression.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Why, Dogs, Why?

   That is what my Mom keeps saying this morning. I think she might be mad cause Grandma tattled on me and told Mom that I have been pooping on her side of the basement, just for fun. Sometimes I don't feel like asking to go out. I'm sorry, but its just so convenient! Also Mom is exhausted cause Bandit pulled his monthly training exercise on her and Daddy last night. See, Bandit really doesn't like kids. I don't know why, cause they always have food on their faces (what a great idea that is) and they like to pet me. But he is terrified of them and the loud noises they make. So about once a month he decides to remind Mom and Dad that they should think very seriously before having babies. 

   He does this great whining thing in the back of his throat, and he tick-tick-tick's with his nails against the floor. He keeps whining, slowly escalating, getting louder and louder and more urgent sounding until they finally drag themselves out of bed and let him outside. He goes outside, eats some grass, and comes back in. And then he repeats this cycle every hour or half hour the whole night. Mom and Dad have gotten pretty good at dealing with it, they even keep track of who let him out last, though Mom always seems to think it's Daddy's turn. Anyway, I slept great through the whole thing (its a gift of mine) and I am ready for the day! Mom on the other hand keeps glaring at us and muttering under her breath. Geez. Can you blame me for trying to take advantage of her distraction by jumping on the couch? Its just sitting there, all cozy and warm. Whatever. 

  Mom says she has to go bring home the fake bacon (why not real bacon Mom? Why?) so I guess I should let her go. I don't mess around where bacon is concerned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment